Nepal Maoist Clippings 12/8/2015

DoFE_20150812121136

DoFE DG Subedi thrashed by CPN Maoist cadres

KATHMANDU, AUG 12 – Cadres of CPN Maoist sister organisation National Youth Volunteers (NYV) have thrashed Department of Foreign Employment (DoFE) Director General Bharat Raj Subedi while the latter was on his way to office. Police said that Subedi was on his way to office in Tinkune from his residence in Bohoratar when a group of 5-6 youths vandalised his vehicle and attacked him. The NYV cadres also claimed to have smeared soot on Subedi’s face but police refuted such claims by the organisation. Subedi and his driver have been admitted to Jana Maitri Hsopital in Balaju. They are said to be in stable condition. The vehicle Subedi was travelling has also suffered minor damages, police said.

http://www.ekantipur.com/2015/08/12/top-story/dofe-dg-subedi-thrashed-by-cpn-maoist-cadres/409349.html

Lipulake_20150811084330_20150811085526

CPN-Maoist cadres arrested by Indian SSB

DARCHULA, AUG 11 – Ten activists of All Nepal National Independent Student Union-Revolutionary affiliated to the CPN-Maoist led by Mahan Baidya were arrested in Darchula by the Indian Border Security Force ( SSB ). The CPN-Maoist activists had reached at Darchula in course of ‘Save Lipulek Campaign’. SSB took under control CPN-Maoist cadres along with Lipulek map, related documents and pamphlets. The District Administration Office, Darchula, confirmed the arrest stating that it took place in the Indian side of the border. RSS

http://www.ekantipur.com/2015/08/11/top-story/cpn-maoist-cadres-arrested-by-indian-ssb/409302.html

Baidya Maoist student wing to hoist Nepali flag in Lipu-Lekh

DARCHULA, AUG 13 – Student wing of the Mohan Baidya-led CPN-Maoist has announced it would hoist the Nepali flag on their visit to Lipu-Lekh, a Nepali territory adjacent to Chinese border where India and China are planning to build a trade route. Chairman of All Nepal National Independent Students Union-Revolutionary Ratna Dhakal said a group of some 10 students would reach Lipu-Lekh and hoist the Nepali flag. At a press meet on Wednesday in Khalanga, the district headquarters of Darchula, the student organisation said the first phase protest programme had concluded while announcing the future protest programme. “Kathmandu-Darchula Awareness Campaign ended here.

The next programme is the hoisting of Nepali flag in Lipu-Lekh,” said Dhakal, vowing to continue the protest until the “controversial” agreement between China and India is scrapped. The row over Lipu-Lekh, located on the Nepal-China border, erupted after a joint statement issued on May 15 in Beijing during Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit read that the two of Nepal’s neighbours agreed to expand border trade through the pass. “There could be obstruction in our campaign as India has deployed its security forces soon after we announced our protest programme. We will return after hoisting the flags if there are not any obstruction,” he said, blaming India of encroaching hectares of land.

The student organisation also denounced the arrest of five of its activists in bordering town of Dharchula, India on Tuesday. The Indian authority briefly detained the students on Tuesday while they were in the Indian town across Darchula. The Indian authorities have stepped up security along the border, in view of the impending protest. Indian newspaper Dainik Jagaran also reported a heavy deployment of Indian security personnel in areas above Khalanga up to Kalapani.

http://www.ekantipur.com/2015/08/13/top-story/baidya-maoist-student-wing-to-hoist-nepali-flag-in-lipu-lekh/409367.html

This entry was posted in resistance and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.