People’s War in India Clippings 31/5/2015

maoist-l

400 police stations to be built in naxal-affected states

NEW DELHI: To strengthen the security situation in 10 naxal-affected states, the Centre has given approval for setting up of 400 police stations and posts there, an RTI query has found. According to information received from the Left Wing Extremism Division of Union home mnistry, the government is building 400 fortified police stations in the 10 states, each of which will be allocated Rs 2 crore each. The 10 states identified under the plan are Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. The Centre would bear 80 per cent of the cost of construction, while the state, the remaining 20 per cent.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/400-police-stations-to-be-built-in-naxal-affected-states/articleshow/47489260.cms

2013 Naxal attack: CPI (Maoist) leadership regrets killing Congress leaders

The 2013 Maoist attack in Jeeram Ghati, which wiped out almost the entire Congress leadership in Chhattisgarh, was meant to target only former state minister Mahendra Karma, but “warriors of the People’s Liberation Guerrilla Army” ended up killing many others, documents seized after the arrest of top Maoist leader Dilip alias Guha Uike from Balaghat have revealed. Karma was the target for starting the Salwa Judum movement, the documents stated. Chhattisgarh Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh, former Union Minister V C Shukla and others were also killed in the attack in Darbha Valley in Sukma district. The documents also revealed that the CPI (Maoist) leadership considered the attack a “magnificent (shandaar) ambush” for the choice of terrain, the recovery of 23 weapons and the successful execution. But the leadership also felt the attack came with a heavy cost as it allowed “political parties and corporate media” to equate the Maoist movement with terrorism. “We could have won sympathy by letting Patel, his son, Shukla and others go but the unintentional killings of the innocent allowed political parties and the corporate media to label us terrorists,” the document stated.

A senior police officer who interrogated Dilip said that the CPI (Maoist) central committee analyses every major attack and shares its findings with only a few top leaders to avoid mistakes and casualties in the future. Dilip (36), who was named in more than 200 cases in Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh, was arrested last week. Since his arrest, the police have seized nearly 1,000 pages, mostly in Chhattisgarhi and Gondi. The analysis of the Jeeram Ghati ambush, marked “confidential”, is one of the few documents in Hindi. According to the officer, Dilip told the police that documents marked confidential are meant only for members of division level and superior committees. The other documents are related to accounts and deployment of cadres, he said.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/2013-naxal-attack-cpi-maoist-leadership-regrets-killing-congress-leaders/

Police nab a Maoist sympathizer in Jharkhand

Six Maoists arrested in two separate raids

In two separate raids, police arrested six hardcore extremists belonging to banned outfit CPI (Maoist) in Vaishali and Arwal districts last night. Vaishali SP Chandrika Prasad today said acting on a tip off a joint Sashastra Seema Bal and local police search operation was launched at an extremist hideout in Patepur village, leading to the arrest of Amarjit Sahni from Patepur village under Kartaha policestation in Vaishali district last night. “However, no arms were recovered from the extremist”, he added.

He said the Maoist was wanted in several extremist-related violence in the district. “He is being interrogated”, the SP added. In another crackdown on extremists, a sub zonal commander of CPI (Maoist) Indradip Mahto and four others were arrested with arms from Laltenbigha village under Parasi police station in extremist-dominatedArwal district last night. Meanwhile, Arwal SP Manvednra Singh Dhillon stated that acting on a tip off police raided a Maoist hideout in Laltenbigha villageresulting in the arrest of Mahto, Mohammad Iqbal Ansari, UmakantMahto, Ashok Mahto and Virendra Singh. He said a rifle, two countrymade pistols, 40 cartridges,extremist literature and other objectionable materials were recovered from them. “The extremists are being interrogated”, he added.

http://news.webindia123.com/news/Articles/India/20150530/2605323.html

This entry was posted in Maoists India, resistance, war and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.