4th Naxal Attack in 3 Days: 3 cops killed, 8 injured in an attack on security vehicle in Chhattisgarh
RAIPUR: At least 4 police officials have been killed and eight are injured as Naxalites in its fourth attack in last three days tried to explode a mine protected vehicle (MPV) near Cholnar in Dantewada district in tribal Bastar region of Chhattisgarh on Monday. According to the police sources, the rebels triggered a powerful blast aiming at the anti-landmine vehicle that injured 11 security personnel who have been taken to a district hospital. The incident was reported near Cholnar, approximately 25 Kms from district headquarters of Dantewada. After reaching the ambush site, Dantewada district superintendent of police Kamal Lochan Kashyap is supervising relief and rescue operations.
Chhattisgarh: Third Naxal attack in 48 hours, BSF soldier killed in gunbattle in Kanker district
Raipur: In the third Naxal attack in the last 48 hours, one Border Security Force soldier was killed in a gunbattle with the rebels in Chhattisgarh’s Kanker district on Monday. A group of Naxals opened indiscriminate firing on security personnel who were carrying out patrolling in the proximity of Chhote Baithiya BSF camp under Bande police station area late Sunday night, Kanker Superintendent of Police Jitendra Singh Meena said. A gunbattle erupted between security forces and ultras and the rebels soon fled to the core forests, he added.
Rajnath Singh chairs meet to review Naxal strategy
In the wake of a series of daring Maoist attacks in Chhattisgarh, top ministers of the NDA government met in New Delhi on Sunday in the absence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, where the Sukma attack, the Centre’s anti-Naxal strategy and the controversial Land Bill came up for discussion. Home minister Rajnath Singh chaired the meeting, where a view emerged that the state government must act fast and a clear policy must be framed to flush out the Naxals and to ensure development work is not hindered. Chhattisgarh became a sitting duck for the Naxals, with Central security agencies warning the state weeks ago that the rebels had a “free run” in the state and a clear policy direction coupled with tough police action was vitally needed to thwart any further strikes.
A major offenisve to flush out the Naxals from both Sukma and Bastar districts is being planned by the security forces, where additional central forces will help the state police to hunt down the Naxal leadership in their hotbeds, the sources said. At Sunday’s meeting chaired by the home minister, that was attended by finance minister Arun Jaitley, external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj, transport minister Nitin Gadkari and communications minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, at Mr Singh’s official residence, it was decided to provide all necessary assistance to the Chhattisgarh government to tackle the situation. The challenges facing the Land Bill in the Rajya Sabha and other issues likely to come up in the second part of the Budget Session starting April 20 also came up for discussion.
Naxal Wanted by Maha Police Arrested in Madhya Pradesh
BALAGHAT: A Naxalite, wanted by Maharashtra police, was arrested from Dhiri Muram forest area in the district, a senior police official said today. Acting on a tip-off, the Hawk force team of police arrested the Naxalite, identified as Badru alias Krishna (26), resident of Bhave village in Rajnandgaon district of neighbouring Chhattisgarh, IG Balaghat D C Sagar and SP Gaurav Tiwari said in a release.
Badru was hiding in a bush near Mata Ghat temple in the forest area and was identified by an informer following which he was arrested by the police as part of the ongoing anti-Naxal operation in the district, they said. A case was registered against him at Salekasa police station in Gondia district of Maharashtra in 2012 for his alleged involvement in Naxal activities there and since then a permanent arrest warrant was issued against him. Balaghat police informed their counterparts in Salekasa police station about the Naxal’s arrest.
Odisha police tightens security at jails after warning of possible Maoist attack
The Central Intelligence has warned the Odisha Police regarding a possible Maoist attack on the state jails so as to make way for forceful release of arrested Maoists lodged in those jails. After the information, all jails of the state have been put on high-alert. According to Central Intelligence the Maoists may hurl bombs on jails to free Maoist leaders like Sabyasachi Panda and Azad alias Duna who are currently lodged in differents jails of the state. As the Odisha police is busy in preparations of Nabakalebara preparations, the Maoists may take advantage of such a situation.
Following the warning, security arrangements at jails in Bhubaneswar, Berhampur and other places have been tightened. Special Operation Group (SOG) jawans and trained dogs have been deployed at these places. The Quick Response Team (QAT) of Commissionerate Police has become alert in the capital for the purpose.
Maoist alleges Director of Art & Culture of fund misappropriation
IMPHAL, April 12: Claiming that Director of Art & Culture, Dr K Shushila has been found involved in many wrongdoings during her tenure as the Deputy Director of Manipur State Archive as per its report, the banned Maoist Communist Party, Manipur has alleged that the Director in cahoots with one Longjam Ajit who is said to be proprietor of Info Trade Services, PDA Complex Shop no 5 at Lamphel Super Market floated a fake tender and handed over the works related to record digitization. A statement issued by Comrade Nonglen Meetei, Secretary Publicity and Propaganda of Maoist Communist Party, Manipur said there is no belief at all that Archaeology Department, Manipur State Archives, Central Library, Museum, Music College, Dance College, Moirang INA, Art College, State Kala Akademi and Manipur Film Development Corporation (MFDC) which are all under the Art & Culture will come up with good works for the welfare of the people following the revelation of the wrongdoings committed by the Director.
Out of the total share amount of Rs 13, 33, 333 of National Archives of India and the state, a sum of Rs 10 lakh sanctioned by the national archives was fraudulently transferred to the personal account of Dr K Shushila and withdrawn it later. The Director in collusion with the so called Info Trade Services installed a machine merely priced under Rs 1 lakh. Moreover, supply work of archives office was awarded to the fake proprietor of the services, the statement contended. Subsequently, L Ajit withdrew a sum of Rs 8 lakh through the form of a banker cheque though the amount for supply work was given by Manipur State Archives through the form of a cheque in the name of Info Trade Services.
In the meantime, it was decided that the state share amount of Rs 13, 33, 333 for record digitization will be directly transferred to the personal account of the Director and Info Trade Services. It was when real officials of the Info Trade Services came to know the whole matter that they clarified that the firm has no connection with the matter in any way They also clarified that there is no person in the name of Longjam Ajit who is said to be the proprietor of the private firm. Referring to another scam, the statement disclosed that though a staggering sum of Rs 1, 36, 49, 000 under 13th Finance Commission was sanctioned for construction of stack room to be constructed within 2009-12, the amount has not been utilized yet. Utilization certificate has not been also submitted till date. Director Dr K Shushila and Longjam Ajit should serve clarification on swindling of funds meant for welfare of the people within five days of time publicly, the statement cautioned.