CPN Maoist Clippings 23/2/2015

10984266_1789459447945352_2842651793968069502_n

CPN M to become militant party

KATHMANDU, FEB 23 – The Netra Bikram Chand-led CPN Maoist has “started groundwork” to assemble members of the former People’s Liberation Army (PLA) and Young Communist League to form “an active army of civilians”. The party, which earlier this month decided to transform itself into a full-fledged “militant party”, plans to recruit people with prior military experience to start with. The party has also issued a circular to its leaders and cadres to carry out activities in “semi-underground” style. There has been categorical direction not to open office and strictly maintain anonymity of party cadres, sources said. Leaders’ privy to the development said the party has deployed its central committee members across the nation to make preparations for such recruitment. The party is scheduled to hold meeting of distinguished former PLA personnel next month before beginning recruitment and training.

The party’s central committee leaders said the party expects to develop an army of around 10,000-15,000 full-time cadres. The newly-established party, formed with 40 percent of CPN-Maoist central committee members, has been successful in alluring extreme left section of both the mother party and Pushpa Kamal Dahal-led UCPN (Maoist). The party was formed last November with announcement to go into a unified rebellion. Leaders said the central committee has informed the party’s lower organisation about the decision. “We have begun preparations to transform the party in to militant one. The central committee has directed leaders and cadres to carry out their duties without setting up any office.

They will now use pseudonym to evade their identity,” said a central committee leader in Kathmandu . The party has also decided to refrain from the meeting of the all-party political mechanisms at the local level. The party has also asked it cadres not to associate with the donors-funded local level network. The party’s Rolpa Secretary “Subash” said they have given orientation to cadres on the party’s expansion, modality of struggle and financial management. Sources, however, said the party does not have enough arms and ammunition to carry out military activities. The party is said to have “a few hundred” weapons used during the Maoist insurgency. Much of the party activities have been funded through vigorous donation campaign. Party Spokesperson Khadga Bahadur Bishwokarma said there has been no decision to form the military force as rumored. He, however, said the party has disassociated itself from an all-party political mechanisms and donor-funded networks in the local level.

http://www.ekantipur.com/2015/02/23/capital/cpn-m-to-become-militant-party/402009.html

ANNISU-R holds protest rally against acid attack

KATHMANDU, Feb 24: All Nepal National Independent Students’ Union Revolution (ANNISU-R) organized a protest rally on Monday against acid attack on two school girls. Sangita Magar, 16, who originally hails from Rautahat, and Sima Basnet, 15, were injured in the acid attack, which occurred at a tuition center in Basantapur early morning Sunday. Magar and Basnet have been living with their parents at rented rooms in Jaisidewal and Bhimsensthan, respectively. Stating that the attack has raised a serious question over the security of girls, the ANNISU-R, which is affiliated with Netra Bikram Chand-led CPN Maoist, demanded that the government arrest the guilty at the earliest.

“Apart from putting the culprits behind the bars, we demand that the government bear entire cost of medical treatment of the two victims,” informed chairman of the ANNISU-R Sarad Rasaili. He added that the government should come up with strong policies that ensure safety of women and girls in the country. Around 4,000 school students had participated in the rally to express their solidarity with the victims. Various students have organized a protest rally against the acid attack. The ANNISU-R has slated a sit-in-protest program for Tuesday in front of District Administration Office, Kathmandu.

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=92792

This entry was posted in resistance, war and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.