Peoples War in India Clippings 7/1/2015

Attack(21)

Anti-Naxal ops: 1st ‘field hospital’ for injured troops in Chhattisgarh

New Delhi: A first-of-its kind ‘battle field hospital’ is being set up deep inside the Naxal hotbed of Dantewada in Chhattisgarh which will provide immediate first aid to injured CRPF and other security forces officials undertaking anti-Maoist operations. The mini combat-support hospital, aided with life sustaining and resuscitation gadgets, will be the first operational medical facility for security troops operating in various Maoist affected states. The hospital will be housed inside the fortified Central Reserve Police Force camp in Chintalnar area of the district, which is synonymous with the worst-ever Naxal ambush carried out on security forces in 2010 where 76 men were killed.

Officials said such hospitals are created by the Army and defence forces in the battle ground during wars and conflicts so that troops in operations are provided immediate medical help before they are evacuated by air or road for advanced treatment. The CRPF, which has a full-fledged medical wing under its establishment, will base a team of doctors and para-medics at this camp round-the-clock. The location of the hospital is considered apt as Chintalnar and the jungles of Dantewada are the most difficult areas to operate because they are frequented by armed Maoist cadres as it is heavily forested and lies near the tri- junction border axis of Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Maharashtra. “The camp already has a helipad and troops who require medical care can be straightaway air-lifted from here to a nearest big hospital in Jagdalpur or state capital Raipur,” a senior official deployed in the anti-Naxal operations grid said. PTI

http://zeenews.india.com/news/chhattisgarh/anti-naxal-ops-1st-field-hospital-for-injured-troops-in-chhattisgarh_1526461.html

Will create commando force for trains going to Naxal-affected areas:

Suresh Prabhu New Delhi: Union Minister for Railways Suresh Prabhu on Wednesday reportedly said that a special commando force will be created to protect trains going to Naxal affected areas. The specially-trained commandos will be equipped to protect the passengers and counter the attack by the Naxalites.​ Prabhu made the statement in the wake of attacks by Naxal, who also target trains thereby affecting their movement. The train movement to Chhattisgarh`s Dandakaranya region was affected for several days last year in view of observance of `Janapituri Week` by Naxalites.

The recent incident of Naxal attack in south Chhattisgarh’s Sukma district, which killed at least 14 CRPF personnel, has also raised security concerns. Naxals ambushed the CRPF troopers as they were passing through the Kasalpada village near Chintagufa area of the district.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india/will-create-commando-force-for-trains-going-to-naxal-affected-areas-suresh-prabhu_1526406.html

56267

Anti-Naxal operations in cut-off region of Odisha to continue says S.P

The ongoing anti-Naxal operation in the cut off region bordering Andhra Pradesh launched jointly by SOG, BSF and A.P Grey Hound in the hill area adjoining Bejing-Sungel under Panasput region to nab top Maoist leader RK will continue, said S.P Mitrabhanu Mahapatra while briefing the media persons at the District Police Office here today. Two persons suspected to be the millitia members have been detained by the police in Chitrakonda while they were crossing the river.One of them has received bullet injury on his leg, Mahapatra added.Further interrogation is on, he added.

Besides Andhra Odisha Border Special Zonal Committee Chief Ramkrishna, other top leaders were assembled in the region probably for meeting, he said.Five hundred bags of rice,5 kit bags, grenade, Maoist literature’s have been recovered from the encounter site.Seeing the blood stains, it is believed that Maoists have certainly either killed or injured in the exchange of fire, he informed.IPS SDPO S.Sampad was also present.

http://www.orissadiary.com/CurrentNews.asp?id=56267

Forces step up hunt for Rama Krishna

KORAPUT: The hunt for Maoist central committee member Aaki Raju Hargopal alias Rama Krishna continued for the second consecutive day in the forests of Malkangiri on Tuesday. Security forces combed the forests near Pingapuram and Beingii in the cut-off area spread across Balimela reservoir and recovered huge quantities of explosives, medicines, kitbags and Maoist uniforms and literature. “The operation is on and the teams drawn from SOG of Odisha police, Greyhound of Andhra Pradesh and BSF are yet to return to the headquarters,” said IG (south-western range) Yeshwant Kumar Jethwa.

The security forces raided three Maoist camps early on Monday, following reports of presence of Rama Krishna in forests under Panasput panchayat. They engaged the rebels in a gunbattle. From the blood trails at the spot, police suspect some casualties in the rival camp. No body has been recovered. Police sources claimed the operation is first-of-its-kind in the cut-off area, which the Maoists declared a liberated zone owing to its remoteness and inaccessibility. “The operation will continue for a few more days. Fresh batches of security personnel will be sent to the forests,” said SP (Malkangiri) Mitrabhanu Mohapatra.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bhubaneswar/Forces-step-up-hunt-for-Rama-Krishna/articleshow/45786820.cms

Spurt in Maoist activity along C’garh border

Khammam: The forest areas on the Khammam-Chhattisgarh border reverberated with sounds of gun battle between the police and Maoists on Tuesday. This area has, of late, witnessed a spurt in Maoist activity. Protesting against the ongoing road-construction works connecting forest fringe villages abutting Chhattisgarh border, the Maoists allegedly set six vehicles on fire at Tekulagudem village under Wajedu mandal, in Khammam district, 6 km from Chhattisgarh border, during the wee hours of Tuesday.

About 30 armed rebels, right after the midnight made their way to the house of Vasam Madhu, the road construction works supervisor, situated just outside the village where six vehicles engaged in road laying works were parked. While a few Maoists took Madhu a few yards away from his house after snatching his mobile phone, the other members set the three tippers, an earthmover, a lorry and a road roller on fire using haystack and the diesel. The Maoists reportedly threatened the supervisor and also spoke to the contractor over mobile and warned him of dire consequences if the works were not stopped immediately. Sources said that the Maoists stayed for about two hours before disappearing into the nearby forest. They left two water tankers undamaged as they were pretty close to low-tension power lines passing through the area.

http://www.thehansindia.com/posts/index/2015-01-07/Spurt-in-Maoist-activity-along–C%E2%80%99garh-border-124778

Exchange of fire: no clarity yet on number of Maoist casualties

The reported exchange of fire between Maoists and security forces and the suspected gunning down of five Maoists belonging to the Andhra Odisha Special Zonal Committee (AOBSZC) at Bejingi forest in Malkangiri district of Odisha on Monday is turning out to be a mysterious affair. Even a day after the exchange of fire, the police were neither able to confirm the actual number of casualties nor recover any of the bodies to substantiate their claim. . According to SP, Visakhapatnam, Koya Praveen a Greyhounds squad was able to recover only five kit bags, one grenade and a bundle of 200 newspapers from one of the camp sites.

It was a joint operation of the Greyhounds and the Special Operation Group (SOG) of Odisha. A senior officer from the Visakhapatnam Police said that the claim of gunning down the Maoists was made by the SOG. According to police sources, over 200 members of AOBSZC were camping in the dense forest at Malkangiri since November last week to December 22, for the annual plenary. The police reportedly had information that CPI Maoist central committee member and in-charge of AOBSZC, Ramakrishna alias RK was also present at the camp.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/andhra-pradesh/exchange-of-fire-no-clarity-yet-on-number-of-maoist-casualties/article6761051.ece

Cops Sound Red Alert in Visakhapatnam: Agency, AOB

VISAKHAPATNAM: A red alert has been sounded in Visakhapatnam agency and along the Andhra-Odisha Border (AOB) following a massive exchange of fire between the Maoists and armed forces near Mukundapalli village in Malkangiri district of South Odisha, 10 km from Visakhapatnam district. Suspecting the presence of top Maoist leaders, armed forces have intensified the combing operations in Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram and Srikakulam districts in the aftermath of the recent exchange of fire in which five Maoists were allegedly killed at Malkangiri, and whose bodies have not been recovered yet. Vehicular checking has also been intensified along the AOB and the entry points have been put under strict vigil.

The joint operations by CRPF and the BSF personnel would continue for few more days along the AOB areas as the extremists have reportedly been conducting meetings to strengthen their cadre. Meanwhile, the police claim that the tribals have lost hope in the Maoists and hence revolted against the latter at Veervaram village when the extremists killed a few girijans recently, suspecting them to be police informers. As a result, the Maoists have lost their grip in areas like GK Veedhi, G Madugula, Chintapalle and other AOB areas. Meanwhile, rural superintendent of police, Visakhapatnam agency, Koya Praveen said that they have announced red alert in all the police stations and intensified the combing operations to avoid any untoward incidents.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/andhra_pradesh/Cops-Sound-Red-Alert-in-Visakhapatnam-Agency-AOB/2015/01/07/article2607685.ece

Suspected Naxalites produced in court

Three suspected Naxalites – Ranjith Kumar, Sundara Murthy and Vivek – were on Tuesday produced before the Theni District Court in Periyakulam in connection with seizure of arms in Muruganmalai. Amid tight security, Q Branch police brought Sundara Murthy from Chennai Puzhal Prison, Ranjith Kumar from Madurai Central Prison and Vivek from Palayamkottai Central Prison. On hearing the case, the court directed the police to produce Sundara Murthy and Ranjith before it on Wednesday as the defence counsel was not present, and advised them to produce Vivek on January 21.

All three were lodged in Madurai Central Prison. The police nabbed Ranjith after killing another suspected Maoist, Naveen Prasad (35), in a shootout in Vadakavunji jungle on upper Kodaikanal hills on April 19, 2008. His associates, including two women, managed to escape. A special police team seized a large cache of arms and ammunition from Muruganmalai near Periyakulam in 2007 and arrested Sundara Murthy. He was reportedly engaged in hoarding arms on the hill and training people for Maoist movement. The third accused was also secured in this connection.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/suspected-naxalites-produced-in-court-in-periyakulam/article6762210.ece

This entry was posted in Maoists India, prisons, resistance, war and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.