People’s War in India Clippings 12/11/2014

maoistposter2759

Maoists ask Dalits to launch resistance movement to protest Ahmednagar killings

The banned Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-M) has issued a press release asking Dalits to form groups for eradication of caste and launch ‘stiff resistance’ to condemn the brutal killings of three persons from a Dalit family in Javkhed Khalsa village in Pathardi taluka of Ahmednagar district in Maharashtra. The press release issued by Mahatashtra state committee of CPI-Maoists, signed by comrade Sahyadri – who is believed to be Milind Teltumbde, a top CPI-Maoist operative – has compared the Pathardi incident with the Khairlanji Dalit killings. It has asked its people liberation guerrilla army (PLGA), jantana sarkar, revolutionary organisations, Dalits, non-Dalits and intellectuals to condemn and launch a solid protest against the Pathardi killings. Unidentified persons had brutally murdered and chopped into pieces Sanjay Jagganath Jadhav (42), his wife Jayshree (38) and their only son Sunil (19), in Javkhed Khalsa on October 21. There is not breakthrough yet in this case. CPI-Maoists blame people from the Brahmani Hindu community for such crimes against Dalits.

maoistposter1759

The press release has asked the Dalit population to come out on roads and give a “tit-for-tat” reply for the killings. The press release further says,”The problem of attacks on Dalits would not be solved by giving memorandums and meeting the governor. The only option is that Dalits should show their strength. Maoists would fully support the struggle of Dalits against Brahamani Hindu fascists…. Dalit youths to come together and form Jati Niurmulan Sanghatna all over to put up a stiff resistance against the Hindu fascists.” The Dandakaranya special zonal committee of CPI-Maoists has also released pamphlets to condemn the Pathardi killings appealing Dalits and non-Dalits to carry out strong protests. Meanwhile, police believe that Maoists are trying to use the Pathardi killings incident as an opportunity to penetrate into Dalits and prepare them for armed struggle against the government.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/maoists-ask-dalits-to-launch-resistance-movement-to-protest-ahmednagar-killings/

Naxal menace: Government says it is top most agenda for intervention

NEW DELHI: Flagging left-wing extremism (LWE) as the government’s top most agenda for intervention, the Centre today said it will commit all resources at its disposal to eradicate the menace from the country. Addressing the Consultative Committee attached to his Ministry, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said LWE continues to be the biggest threat to the country’s internal security and nation-building process.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/naxal-menace-government-says-it-is-top-most-agenda-for-intervention/articleshow/45124064.cms

Combing operations launched in Sakleshpur forest area

The combing operation was a routine activity to instil confidence among people living close to forest areas, says Superintendent of Police

The Anti-Naxal Force (ANF) on Monday launched combing operations in the forests of Sakleshpur taluk. A team of 21 police personnel from the Hassan police have joined hands with the ANF for the operations, which may continue for three-four days. Ravi D. Channannavar, Superintendent of Police, told The Hindu on Monday that the combing operation was a routine activity to instil confidence among people living close to forest areas.

“A team of ANF personnel from Karkala and local police, headed by Sakleshpur Deputy Superintendent of Police Sneha, are conducting the operations. “However, it is not based on any information about movement of suspected Maoists in the region,” he said. Last year, movement of suspected Maoists had been reported in villages bordering Dakshina Kannada district, the officer said.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/karnataka/combing-operations-launched-in-sakleshpur-forest-area/article6587677.ece

Security forces launch massive anti-Maoist drive in Jharkhand

Security forces on Tuesday launched a massive anti-Maoist operation in poll-bound Jharkhand to prevent any untoward incident in the election process, a senior officer confirmed the report. Jharkhand police officials held a meeting with the senior officials of Chhattisgarh in Gumla district, which will go to polls on November 25, to devise an effective plan. Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of police Praveen Singh assured that electorates wouldn’t feel threatened by the ultras.

“I completely assure you that people will feel confident due to movement of our forces and operation. We will not let Maoists’ intention to disrupt election process,” said Singh. Maoists have called for boycott of the five-phased polls in Jharkhand that begin from November 25 and end on December 20. The results would be announced on December 23. “The operation will be conducted effectively and in a planned way. I along with Commissioner of Ranchi had come here to devise the plan and its execution. Everything has been decided and in the future you will see positive results,” Singh added.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/news-ani/security-forces-launch-massive-anti-maoist-drive-in-jharkhand-114111200286_1.html

This entry was posted in Maoists India, resistance, war and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.