Peoples War in India Clippings 2/2/2014


Naxal courier held in C’garh

A 36-year-old man, who allegedly worked as a naxal courier, was today arrested from Kondagaon district and a cache of ammunitions was recovered from him, police said. The accused Shivshankar Kavde, was held from Farsgaon police station limits while he was carrying ammunitions from Farsgaon to Badedongar this afternoon, Kondagaon Additional Superintendent of Police Surjit Atri told PTI. Based on a tip-off, he was intercepted by a team of local police at Bheemabhat square.

Seventy rounds of 12 bore guns and Rs 58,000 were recovered from his possession, Atri said. A native of Bandapal village of neighbouring Kanker district, Shivshankar was staying in Badedongar area of Kondagaon, police said. “During the interrogation the accused admitted that he was working under the direction of Prabhakar, a divisional commander of north Bastar region of CPI (Maoist) and even accompanied him to Uttar Pradesh and other parts of Chhattisgarh during supply of arms and ammunition,” the ASP said.

MHA, state ignored alerts that Giridih was a trap

NEW DELHI: The 15 security personnel who were severely injured — one fatally — in a Naxal ambush in the jungles of Giridih, Jharkhand, last Monday could have been saved had the state government and the Centre shown some patience. It now emerges that state police and CRPF men were pushed into the operation despite knowledge that the kidnapping of four panchayat level officers had been staged by the Maoists to draw security personnel into a trap.

Sources in the anti-Naxal security establishment said after the January 25 kidnappings, superintendent of police of Giridih Kranti Kumar Garhdeshi had apprised the top brass in state police to not panic as the Maoists had kidnapped very low-level officers and had not even made any demands. This, he is learnt to have said, indicated that the Naxals merely wanted to draw the forces to Parasnath Hill jungles and ambush them. These warnings, sources said, were allegedly ignored by state police brass which was under pressure from the Union home ministry to secure release of the four abducted officials.

Two Maoists held Bihar

Jamui: The security forces on Sunday apprehended two Maoists after an encounter between them in a village under Chandramandi police station area in Bihar’s naxal-infested Jamui district, a CRPF official said. Acting on tip off about presence of some ultras in Bendra village, a team from 215th battalion of the CRPF camping at Betia reached there to launch a combing-cum-search operation against the outlaws, CRPF’s Assistant Commandant Rajesh Kumar said. An encounter took place between the Maoists and the security forces who fired about 100 rounds at the retreating ultras, he said.

Naxals, Cops Exchange Gunfire in Chhattisgarh

Security personnel and naxals today exchanged gun fire in forests near Kadhaikhodra village in Maoist-infested Kanker district of Chhattisgarh and recovered two unexploded tiffin bombs today, police said. However, there is no information on any casualties or injuries in the ambush, they said. “The joint squad of Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) and district forces recovered two unexploded tiffin bombs, weighing five kgs each, following a massive gun-battle with ultras under Antagarh police station limits,” a senior police official told PTI.

The patrolling party was engaged in the area domination exercise to ensure protection to under-construction road in the region, located around 250 kms away from the state capital Raipur when a group of rebels triggered a landmine blast, he said. The ultras also opened indiscriminate firing on the security personnel after spotting them near a rivulet close to Kadhaikhidra village.

This entry was posted in Maoists India, resistance, war and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.