CPN-Maoist Clippings 14/5/2013

vignette.php

100 cadres join CPN-Maoist

KATHMANDU: Around 100 cadres of different political parties including UCPN -Maoist Sindhuplachowk district joint in-charge have joined the CPN-Maoist led by Mohan Baidya. The CPN-Maoist is the breakaway faction of the UCPN-Maoist.

Those quitting the UCPN-Maoist to join the CPN-Maoist are Sindhupalchowk district secretariat member Sanu Yonjan, district member Tasi Lama and other cadres Nar Bahadur Tamang, Bikram Tamang, Himal Lama, Som Tamang and Sunil Lama. CPN-Maoist general secretary Ram Bahadur Thapa welcomed the new comers to the party amidst a programme here on Tuesday. “Now time has come to wage a final battle for the sake of nationality by uniting all the patriots to the CPN-Maoist”, he said.

“The battle launched by our ancestors from Nalapani for the nationality is yet to be completed”, he said and added the nation has not become independent and recent appointment of Lokman Singh Karki to the Commission for Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA) was the example of that. The CPN-Maoist general secretary further said although his party was not against talks, it would not sit for discussions with the government until the 25-point agreement, citizenship certificate bill and appointment of Karki to the CIAA chief commissioner post were scrapped.

Baidhya stands firm on demands for talks

DHANGADHI: CPN-Maoist Chairman Mohan Baidhya said that his party won’t go for dialogue until the government stops the work of collecting and updating voter’s registration process and distributing the citizenship certificates.

Just on Monday, the government had called the CPN-Maoist for the talks leaving all its stances behind. Speaking at a press conference organised by the Revolutionary Journalist Association, Kailali chapter in Dhangadhi on Tuesday, CPN-M chief Baidhya said that it’s worthless to have talks with the unconstitutional government. However, he said that the party has not closed the door for consensus.

“We have forwarded three point pre-conditions to the government for the talks; the party would sit for talks only if the government, President and four major political parties are serious about it.” Baidhya said. The three pre-conditions include revoking of the 25-point presidential order, repealing the newly issued citizenship ordinance and reversal of the appointment of Lokman Singh Karki as the Chief Commissioner of the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority.

Nawalparasi schools hit by education strike

PARASI: All education institutions in Nawalparasi district remained closed on Tuesday due to the educational strike enforced by the CPN-Maoist aligned student wing demanding closure of unauthorised schools.

According to district Chairman of All Nepal National Independent Students Union (ANNISU-Revolutionary), Ashok Gyawali, the strike was called as District Education Office (DEO) ignored their repeated demands to close unregistered schools. The student organisation said that they were compelled to announce strike as the stakeholders failed to implement 4-point understanding that the authorities would not allow unauthorised private schools to run.

The CPN-Maoist’s sister wing had padlocked seven schools weeks back, and had put off the protest for a week after an agreement to take action against such schools. District Education Officer Tek Bahadur Thapa informed that 64 private schools are operating in the district without permission, and vowed to take action on such schools.

This entry was posted in resistance and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.