CPN-Maoist Clippings 3/5/2013

vignette.php

CPN-Maoist against unauthorised schools

NAWALPARASI: After an understanding that the authorities would not let run unauthorised private schools in the district, the All Nepal National Independent Students Union-Revolutionary (ANNISU-R), affiliated with CPN-Maoist, has withheld its protest for a week. The CPN-Maoist’s sister wing had padlocked seven schools last week, alleging that they were being run without taking permission from the District Education Office (DAO). On Thursday, ANNISU-R, District Education Office, PABSON and N-PABSON had reached an agreement to take action against such schools on Thursday. It has warned of padlock the schools again if action is not taken.

Agitating 33 fringe parties demonstrate in front of EC

KATHMANDU: The CPN-Maoist including the agitating 33 political parties have demonstrated in front of the Office of the Election Commission (EC), on Friday. They have demanded that all the programmes regarding the elections including the registration of political parties for the election should be postponed until the ordinance for removing obstacles issued by President Dr. Ram Baran Yadav was canceled.

The leaders and cadres of the parties staged sit-in protest and demonstrated for two hours since 9:00 am, today. The agitating political parties also demanded the exit of the Chairman of the Interim Election Council (IEC) and urged all to be united for national independence. They also demanded to end the existing four-party syndicate in national politics. Following the protest, the vehicles heading to different destinations through the area were disrupted.

CPN-M youth wing scotches report of hostage-taking

KATHMANDU: National Youth People’s Volunteer (NYPV), the youth wing of the CPN-Maoist has ruled out media reports alleging that it held Chairman of the Chure Bhawar Rastriya Ekta Party Bhumi Raj Niraula hostage last Thursday. Chairman of the NYPV Udaya Bahadur Chalaune, also the former Maoist commander said in a press statement issued today that his wing has condemned the media reports concluding that the reports aim to vilify his organisation.

Nagarik, a Nepali daily broadsheet has reported today that Niraula was held hostage at the Maoist’s central office, Budhanagar last Thursday over a land dispute. Nuraula was called in to the party office to record his statement on the reported swindling lodged against him since five months ago, the unionist claimed adding “The unnecessary publicity of the incident terming it as abduction has proved his (Niraula’s) criminal mindset.”

Fringe parties to play spoilsport in poll preps

KATHMANDU: Some 33 agitating fringe parties led by the CPN-Maoist have once more decided to hinder the poll preparations being held throughout the nation. A meeting of the fringe parties held on Tuesday at the central office of the CPN-Maoist, Budhanagar decided to initiate various protest programmes in their bid to obstruct the citizenship issuing campaign and other election related preparations. The dissident fringe parties also decided not to get themselves registered in the Election Commission (EC) until the annulment of 25-point pact reached among the parties on March 14 to form Chief Justice-led Interim Election Council.

According to the protest schedule, the parties are said to be organising various campaigns on national sovereignty all over the nation from May 8 to 28. Issuing a press statement on behalf of the 33 parties, CPN-Maoist Secretary Dev Gurung termed the government’s citizenship distribution campaign a poly to issue citizenship card to the foreign nationals. Leader Gurung informed that they are organising protest programmes in each district to protest the citizenship distribution campaigns.

The EC has just stared the citizenship distribution campaign throughout the nation aiming to hold the new CA polls by November. The parties are also said to be drawing attention of the concerned bodies regarding the purported appointment of former chief secretary at the helm of the Commission for Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA).

‘Polls under foreign pressure will jeopardise natl integrity’

KATHMANDU, MAY 01 – CPN-Maoist Secretary Dev Gurung has said his party would participate in the coming election to the Constituent Assembly if the past mistakes were corrected. For this, he stressed on the need to scrap the 25-point agreement the four parties made to remove difficulties in the constitution. At an interaction organised by the Reporters’ Club in the capital on Wednesday, Secretary Gurung said the election was in fact taking place under foreign pressure and so it would jeopardise national integrity.

Similarly, the amendment of interim constitution authenticated by the President on the removal of difficulties was illegal, he argued. Moreover, leader Gurung said only political parties can resolve the current political crisis.

He was of the view that the new election could not give outlet to the country until the failure of the past CA was reviewed. On the occasion, Chairman of the Madhesi Janadhikar Forum, Nepal, Upendra Yadav, said although the election gives authenticity to the governance, thorny issues as of federalism and form of governance needs to be settled before the election.

http://www.ekantipur.com/2013/05/01/top-story/polls-under-foreign-pressure-will-jeopardise-natl-integrity/370934.html

This entry was posted in resistance and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.