CPN-Maoist Clippings 7/3/2013

CPN- Maoist to recapture land

KHOTANG, MAR 07 – CPN-Maoist has announced that the party will re-capture the land seized during the decade-long armed conflict in Khotang district. An extended meeting of the CPN-Maoist held on March (5- 6) made the announcement that the party would recapture the land which was returned earlier. While making public the party’s decision at a press meet organised here in Khotang district, the district in-charge Dhruba Budathoki said the party will resort to land seizure by putting up the party flags. He said the re-captured land would be managed.

He further said that dishonest and corrupt people have been increasing in the district and warned that the party would take action against them. He said the party has decided to intensify its programmes including wall painting, corner meeting and assemblies to make the party stronger.

http://ekantipur.com/2013/03/07/top-story/cpn–maoist-to-recapture-land/368110.html

Skating_bandh-@-Baneshwor

Four lefts’ bandh cripples life across country

The nation-wide bandh enforced by the Federal Democratic Front‚ an alliance of four left parties—the CPN-Maoist‚ CPN (Unified)‚ Matrika Yadav led CPN-Maoist‚ the Revolutionary Communist Party Nepal and the Federal Limbuwan State Council-led by the CPN-Maoist had affected normal life across the country on Wednesday.

General strike called off in Kanchanpur

KANCHANPUR: The shutdown enforced by Federal Democratic Front in Kanchanpur district has been called off today considering the ongoing industrial trade fair and tourism festival-2013. Short-route vehicles across the district are being operated smoothly while the general strike has no effect in school‚ colleges and local markets. The nationwide strike is on in other districts except Kanchanpur‚ said a press release issued by strike enforcers. The Front has demanded elections to the Constituent Assembly and local bodies by Mid-June to end current political deadlock

Janakpur shut on day four as well

JANAKPURDHAM: The Madhesi Janadhikar Forum-Lokatantrik has called for a general strike here today also, the fourth consecutive day. The Madhes-centric political party has been organising the bandh in protest against the incident that took place over the issue of the 19th District Council of the District Development Committee (DDC) Dhanusha. The market, businesses, educational institutions and public transport has been paralysed due to the bandh. Some two dozen people, including the party cadres and journalists, were injured when police on March 4 baton-charged on a crowd that entered the DDC premises shouting slogans calling for postponement of the District Council and started vandalizing the property there.

Meanwhile, the officials of the investigation committee constituted by the Ministry of Home Affairs to probe into the incident acquired information about the incident from the Local Development Officer, the Chief District Officer, security personnel, representatives of different political parties and journalists concerned. The committee members have returned to the capital after carrying out investigation into the incident–RSS

Youths close to CPN-Maoist shoot at YAN cadre

KHOTANG, March 5: A Youth Association Nepal (YAN) cadre was injured after the CPN-Maoist cadres shot him in Khotang district, on Monday night. Lokendra Rai and Dhruba Rai of Nerpa VDC Ward No. 3 shot at Pavin Rai from the same place. Lokendra and Dhruba are village committee members of CPN-Maoist while Pavin is Chairman of the YAN Nerpa Village Committee. YAN is CPN (UML) affiliated sister organization. Pavin sustained critical injuries on the right side of his back and left part of the face in the shooting, said Bishal Bhattarai, UML Chairman of Khotang District Committee.

The two attacked Pavin while he was returning home after attending a party programme, UML district committee secretary Pramod Shrestha. The assailants are reported to be drunk at the time. The hospital stated that Rai is out of danger now.A search is underway for the CPN-Maoist cadres who are absconding after the incident, according to the District Police Office, Khotang. The CPN-Maoist Khotang District In-charge, Dhruba Budhathoki, however, expressed ignorance about the incident.Meanwhile, YAN has issued a press statement and demanded that the persons involved in the incident be brought to book.

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=50999

CPN-Maoist-backed activists vandalise school

Kathmandu: Cadres of a CPN-Maoist-backed students’ union vandalised a school in eastern Nepal on Monday for running classes in defiance of the nationwide strike called by the student body. A group of students of All Nepal National Independent Students Union (Revolutionary), student wing of CPN-Maoist breakaway faction of ruling UCPN-Maoist, vandalised the Gautam Buddha Higher Secondary School at Biratnagar town. The ANNISU (R) activists entered the school on false pretext and started vandalising the school property. They also manhandled the school security guard, according to school sources. The cadres smashed school equipment including computers and phones and fled before police reached the school premises.

Last week, the the Maoist-aligned student group had vandalised a school bus and three vehicles belonging to DAV Sushil Kedia School for including Indian curriculum and sacking two teachers. Meanwhile, around 7.5 million students of schools and colleges across the nation were affected due to private education shutdown enforced by the CPN-Maoist-aligned student body today. The school shutdown today was the second consecutive strike called by different organisations. Educational institutes across the country were shut down yesterday by the private schools body to protest against the Maoists’ recent attacks on schools. However, today ANNISU-R enforced the strike to oppose the one called by the private body yesterday.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/south-asia/cpn-maoist-backed-activists-vandalise-school_832933.html

45 held for vandalism during banda

KATHMANDU, March 6: Police have arrested 45 persons on the charge of involvement in vandalism and other untoward activities during the banda (general shutdown) called by various political parties affiliated to the Nepal Federal People´s Republican Front, including the CPN-Maoist on Wednesday. Among the arrested, nine have been released after investigation, the Home Ministry said. The Nepal banda supporters vandalized 21 vehicles in different parts of the country. Four motorcycles were vandalized at Balkhu, Lagankhel, Gaushala and Kupandol of the Kathmandu Valley.

Similarly, a taxi was damaged at Battisputali of Kathmandu, while a van in Dhankuta, a motorcycle in Morang, a bus in Hetauda, a truck, van and a bus of Indian number plate in Jitpur of Bara, and a truck and bus in Dhanusha. The banda enforcers damaged four tractors, a truck and motorcycle in Dang and a school bus in Ghorahi. Even Rukum and Kavre district witnessed vandalism against vehicles during the banda today. The protestors pelted stones at a building of Asian Paints in Makwanpur. The Karnali Development Bank of Nepalgunj was also vandalized. The banda was called against the proposal made by the big four political powers to make Chief Justice the next prime minister. The Front includes the CPN-Maoist, CPN (Maoist), Revolutionary Communist Party, CPN (Unified) and Federal Limbuwan.

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=51059

This entry was posted in Maoists India, resistance and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.