CPN-Maoist Clippings 8/2/2013

14460

6 injured as police charges batons in Maoist clash

CHITWAN, Feb 8: The clash between students affiliated to UCPN (Maoist) and CPN-Maoist near Bharatpur Campus on Friday turned nasty after police intervened to disperse the students. Police had to charge batons to take the situation under control. In the ensuing scuffle, six students and a journalist were injured.

Central member of All Nepal National Independent Students´ Union (Revolutionary) Niraj Bhatta, Parmeshwar Khanal and Rajendra Dotel of Nepal Student Union (NSU) and Prakash Kandel of CPN-Maoist were among the injured. Students affiliated to the two parties had clashed over the use of Rampur Agriculture Campus´s vehicle in transporting party cadres for the recently held 7th Maoist convention in Hetauda. The agitating students complained that the police intervened in their strike without any warning and arrested their colleagues.

“The police attacked us all of a sudden,” said the injured Khanal. The scene had turned nasty after students retaliated to the attack. Shops were shut down and vehicular movement came to a complete standstill. “The police thrashed me even after I told them that I was a journalist,” said injured Prastab Subedi. |The police had released the arrested student leaders four hours later.

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=49650

Senior Maoist leaders to observe ‘People’s War Day’ in Rolpa

KATHMANDU, Feb. 8: CPN-Maoist Chairman Mohan Baidhya and senior leaders of the party are going to Rolpa to observe the people´s war day on coming February 12. Chairman Baidhya, Vice-chair CP Gajurel, General Secretary Ram Bahadur Thapa, Secretaries Dev Gurung and Netra Bikram Chand and other leaders are scheduled to address a mass meeting to be held in Thawang of Rolpa to mark the 18th anniversary of the beginning of the people´s war, according to party spokesperson Pampha Bhusal.

The party leaders, who are presently in Butwal for a training programme, will leave for Rolpa from there, she said. Spokesperson Bhusal also claimed that the leaders are going to Thawang to give a message that the CPN-Maoist is the genuine party that led the people´s war, as the UCPN (Maoist) has fallen into the trap of parliamentary system, against the norms and values of the people´s war

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=49647

This entry was posted in resistance and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.