CPN-Maoist Clippings 5/2/2013

Educational institutions shut down in Chitwan

CHITWAN: Joint Students’ Struggle Committee, Chitwan, today shut down all educational institutions in the district in protest against the arrest of their leaders.

All Nepal National Independent Students’ Union-Revolutionary (ANNISU-R) two central members Narayan Neaupane and Rudra Bhattarai close to CPN-Maoist and ANNISU Chitwan district chairperson Keshav Kandel were arrested from the premises of the Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science, Chitwan, during a police raid yesterday night. The raid follows after the campus chief Shyam Sundar Pant informed the police about a possible clash between students and outsiders on the campus premises. Students without carry identity cards were arrested during the raid.

Following the raid, a dispute sparked between the Tribhuvan University and Agriculture and Fore-stry University regarding a vehicle sent to the UCPN-Maoist meet in Hetauda. Students close to UCPN-M had reportedly unlock-ed a garage and took the vehicle to the conference. Meanwhile, other students had later set fire on the garage and one Toyota Land Cruiser jeep worth Rs 10 million was gutted.

IAAS shutdown indefinitely

CHITWAN, Feb 5: Different teachers´ associations have closed the Institute of Agriculture and Animal Science (IAAS), Rampur indefinitely citing that their academic demands have not been fulfilled. Six hundred students at the institute have been affected with the closure of the campus.

The Democratic University Teachers Association close to the Nepali Congress, the Progressive University Teachers Organization close to the CPN-UML and the Nepal National University Teachers Organization close to the CPN-Maoist have closed the institute for an indefinite period stating that the agreements reached with the Campus Chief in the past were not implemented, said Kalyani Mishra, member of the Progressive University Teachers Organisation and chairperson of the Rampur campus chapter of the organization. Campus Chief Shyam Sundar Pantha, however, said that some administrative problems were hindering in resolving the problem.

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=49432

This entry was posted in resistance and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.