ANNISU-R 19th conference kicks off

KATHMANDU, Oct 2: All Nepal National Independent Students Union – Revolutionary (ANNISU-R) aligned with CPN- Maoist has asked students to be ready to for another armed revolt against capitulationism and neo-revisionism of the UCPN (Maoist) leadership if necessary. Addressing the 19th national conference of the union that kicked off on Tuesday at the Tribhuvan University (TU), Sharad Rasaili, chairman of the ANNISU -R, Mohan Vaidya faction said that the UCPN (Maoist) had compelled them to choose revolution to fight against corruption and monopoly of the government. “We are prepared to lead peoples´ revolution through student uprising to make the present rulers step down,” said Rasaili adding

“We are committed to expose the political leaders who have surrendered to the Indian Expansionism.” However, Rasaili said that further protest program on the irregularities in education system will be effective only after Tihar. Speaking at the program, Lekh Nath Neupane, former chairman of the ANNISU-R accused the UCPN (Maoist) leaders of leading their party to commercialization, nourishing nepotism, favoritism and rampant corruption.

“Prachanda and Baburam Bhattarai sidelined our main goal to make public powerful through class struggle and devoted themselves to become prime minister,” Neupane said. The three days long conference saw the participation of around 1,300 students from across the country in its first day, said Rasaili. Meanwhile, the presence of minors was significant at the program as the students from various schools were brought to the TU premise for participation in the conference.

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=42853

This entry was posted in resistance and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.