AMMAN, Aug 28 (KUNA) — Some 26 Jordanian security personnel were injured on Tuesday when chaos erupted in a refugee camp for displaced Syrians.
Around 200 Syrians were protesting what they claimed were low standards at Zaatari camp, and attacked the camp’s coordinators and security personnel with stones during a meeting with them, Jordan’s state news agency quoted the authorities as saying.
Jordanian security forces immediately intervened with “appropriate force and tear gas” to put a stop to the protest which turned into a state of chaos and anarchy.
“Those responsible for the violence will be dealt with according to the law, ” said Jordanian authorities, adding that order has been restored in the camp.
Jordan’s Zaatari camp – the sole camp which accommodates Syrians in the country – provides shelter for around 20,000 refugees, who fled the violence in their neighbouring home country.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)