BUENOS AIRES – Twenty-two people were injured Thursday in clashes between police and demonstrators protesting against pension system reform in central Argentina, police and union officials said.
“Our leaders know these things happen when they take measures that are detrimental to workers,” union representative Santiago Clavijo told the press.
Fifteen protesters and seven policemen were injured in the clashes in Cordoba, according to the unions and authorities.
Clavijo and other union officials had filed an appeal against the pension reform at the Supreme Court. After they left, the fighting broke out.
Under the reform, an expected increase in pension funds would be postponed for six months in Cordoba province, the second most populous province and an agricultural and industrial hub.
Cordoba Governor Jose Manuel de la Sota is from the ruling Peronist party but has frosty relations with President Cristina Kirchner.
De la Sota has repeatedly accused the federal government of trying to choke the province.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)