Operatives from the Herminio Alfonso Command-Guerilla Front 53 Operations Command of the New People’s Army punished the notorious paramilitary leader Abantas Ansabo alias Kumander Ibon, who was responsible for various grave crimes against humanity and banditry, July 27 at 6AM in Sitio Kiapat, Barangay Ganatan, Arakan, North Cotabato. The NPA arrested and later released six of his armed minions/Cafgus including his vice commanding officer, and confiscated a Garand rifle and two shotgun rifles.
The NPA implemented the standing order following a decision for capital punishment
recommended by a People’s Court which heard 11 cases of murder filed by various complainants from families and relatives of victims, and presented with solid evidence by numerous witnesses in the communities of Arakan in North Cotabato. The People’s Court constituted by the organs of the People’s Democratic Government convicted Kumander Ibon for masterminding, collaborating with the fascist AFP and implementing, using excessive force, in various cases of grave crimes against humanity, to wit, the killing of 19 peasants and lumads in 11 cases of murder including the massacre of seven family members and gruesome hacking of two children.
Kumander Ibon was also greatly feared by the masses of Arakan for being involved in other crimes which did not necessarily warrant a capital punishment, to wit, three cases of frustrated murder, three cases of damage to property and slaughter of animals, five cases of theft and extortion, one case of arson, two cases of grave threat and coercion, and forced Cafgu recruitment.
While Kumander Ibon was a long time prized possession of the AFP, his death ironically called by the 57th IB as “brutal,” the peasant and lumad masses in North Cotabato rejoiced for Kumander Ibon’s expedient demise, a revolutionary justice well deserved for the families of his victims and the long suffering communities.
The NPA’s latest punitive action is directed versus the AFP’s rabid, psywar backbone of the US-Aquino’s Oplan Bayanihan, responsible for coddling criminals and running dogs like Kumander Ibon.
The AFP financed and directed Kumander Ibon and his gang of criminals for its counterrevolutionary campaign in North Cotabato. The AFP-Kumander Ibon-goons clique prevailed in sheer reign of terror versus civilians, pitted lumads and settlers in a proxy war, instigated quick money-making schemes and anti-social activities like banditry and drug trade, and employed excessive use of force under the cloak of on-combat “peace and development” charade, in direct contravention to the IHL and rules of war. Thus, it is the height of hypocrisy for the 57th IB-602nd Brigade-6th Infantry Division-Eastern Mindanao Command-AFP to invoke human rights in the NPA’s death sentence; if the AFP’s criminal record, notwithstanding the anguish of the masses, truly speaks for itself.
Among Kumander Ibon’s last projects with the AFP included the forced recruitment of 30 lumads in Sitio Kiapat and Sitio Uwayunan in Barangay Ganatan, Barangay Mahungkog and Sitio Lubas in Barangay Amabel.
Documented in the investigation, pre-trial and trial phase in the People’s Court were the
following cases attributed to Kumander Ibon and his minions, Rex Ansabo, a fugitive and Jun Ansabo:
1. Thomas Ygot – August 13, 2008;
2. Sopronio Asenjo – October 29, 2003;
3. Umbaya Anum – October 2003;
4. Faustino Amasing – May 1, 2010;
5. Jimmy Quilario – August 20, 2010;
6. Massacre of seven members of Alcontin family, including one child in Sitio Kilukag, Barangay Amabel;
7. Siblings Camino in Barangay Ganatan;
8. Main in Barangay Ganatan;
9. Tumoy in Uwayanon, Sitio Kiapat;
10. Quering brothers in Sitio Kiapat;
11. Hacking of two children in Meocan, Arakan.
1. Shooting of Felix Gonzales on February 28, 2009 in Sitio Libungan, Barangay Mahongkog;
2. Strafing of the house of Gerardo Delgado and Reco Dumali on August 7, 2010 at 10 PM in Tagaytay and Purok 8;
3. Strafing of barangay police and Barangay Captain Acupan on August 10, 2010 in Sitio Tulay Mahongkog.
Damage to Property/Slaughter of Animals:
1. Slashing of water hose on May 8, 2011 in Malibatuan and Little Baguio;
2. Amputating and butchering of horse owned by Mario Elmo Canete on May 14, 2010 in Crossing Sled, Mahongkog;
3. Hacking of three pigs, a dog and destruction of properties owned by Jaime Elogsong on April 15, 2011.
1. Stealing of a horse owned by Ronilo Ansabo on June 22, 2010 in Tagaytay;
2. Stealing of chickens owned by Prado family in Purok 8, Tagaytay;
3. Stealing of two pigs and ducks owned by Amites Delgado on May 8, 2011;
4. Stealing of a horse owned by Vergie Cadungon on May 25, 2011; later it was paid for by the owner for a fee of P50,000.
1. Burning of a house owned by Amites Delgado on May 8, 2011.
(Sgd) Isabel Santiago
Herminio Alfonso Command
Guerilla Front 53 Operations Command
New People’s Army-Southern Mindanao