ANNISU-R sets school bus ablaze in Dharan

DHARAN: Cadres of All Nepal National Independent Students Union-Revolutionary (ANNISU-R), student wing close to newly formed CPN-Maoist has set a school bus (Ko 1 Kha 3204) of Delhi Public School on fire at Seuti Bridge along the Dharan-Itahari road section on Monday morning.

According to Anuj Kumar Das, teacher of Delhi Public School, the school bus was set ablaze while it was bringing 65 students ranging from Nursery to XII from Itahari and Duhabi.

“A gang of around 15 cadres stopped the school bus and set it ablaze. The irate cadres have also vandalised the other school bus (Ko 1 Kha 450) while it was ferrying students from Dubahi,” said driver Reshamlal Urawa.

Irate cadres had sprinkled petrol on the vehicle prior to the evacuation of the students, said 12th grader Ankit Sharma.

Another school bus (Ko 1 Kha 639) had, somehow, escaped vandalism.

Coordinator of Akhil Krantikari Kochila Rajya Samiti Prahlad Raut has owned up to the arson on the school bus and added that the action has been taken in protest of commercialisation of education, bearing foreign name and discrimination in salary for Nepali teachers against foreign teachers.

Upon information of the arson attack on the school bus Traffic Police Office Dharan, Area Police Office, Dharan, East Regional Traffic Police Office, Itarahi had reached the incident site while the ambulance brought from Dharan Municipality had extinguished the fire.

As many as 576 higher secondary schools have been shut down in the 2nd consecutive day across the country due to bandh enforced by the ANNISU-R close to CPN-M.

This entry was posted in resistance and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.