A truck and a police van were stoned during a near violent confrontation between SNAT members and police officers.
The Swaziland National Association of Teachers members are currently on an indefinite strike demanding a 4.5% salary increment.
Trouble started when riot police were called in to block teachers who were on their way to interrupt their colleagues’ workshop held at the Siteki Nazarene high school.
Meanwhile, some of the police officers were also patrolling the area around the school in anticipation of the chaos.
The incident happened outside the Galp filling station along a route used by trucks from Mozambique.
A handful of police officers blocked the teachers from proceeding further.
Some of the protesters who, were acting as marshals, also attempted to block the truck wherein the driver, who was armed, stopped the vehicle and alighted.
Stones were then thrown during which time some of the windows on the truck were smashed and a rear view mirror on one of the police vehicles was also damaged.
Meanwhile most of the pupils in various schools claimed classes were disrupted due to the absence of teachers.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)