The Assam police is going to raise a specialised force, which will be known as “Assam police rangers” to tackle militancy and alarming growth of Maoist in the state.
Informing that state police have also recruited 30 ex-Army personnel to train selected policemen, authoritative security sources told this newspaper that Assam police rangers would be made available only for specialised operations against militants.
Though, Assam police had one of such units of specialised forces known as “Special Operation Unit” but it came under serious criticism for its alleged controversial role in the “secret killings.”
The SOU, which was operating under the special branch of the Assam police, has now been dismantled in a phased manner. Indicating that Assam police rangers would be imparted all kinds of trainings to tackle any emergency situation, security sources said that training of APR has already started.
Asserting that training module for the rangers have been prepared by experts of Army and other commando forces, security sources said that necessity of specialised and committed forces was felt to follow up the specific intelligence sharing by various states. Refusing to divulge the location of their training centre set up on pattern of jungle warfare school, security sources said that idea is to send some selected policemen from all the districts for such training to enhance the capability of the state police force.
Admitting that state was largely relying on commandos, CRPF and Army for explicit operations, security sources said that idea of raising Assam police rangers was also aimed at reduce the involvement and reliability of the state on Army and paramilitary forces into counter-insurgency operations in the state.
The Assam police rangers would be stationed at Guwahati and operate under the instruction of special branch of the police, security sources said.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)