136 NPAs charged for Surigao mining site attack

MANILA, Philippines—The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) in Caraga region said Thursday that it has filed robbery-in-band and arson charges against 136 suspected communist rebels or members of the New People’s Army (NPA) for their alleged involvement in the attack against a mining site in Claver, Surigao del Norte late last year.

Among the suspects charged before the office of Surigao City Prosecutor Jesse Rey Silvosa were Jorge Madlos a.k.a. Oris, Spokesperson of NPA Mindanao Committee; Myrna Sularte a.k.a. Maria Malaya, Iyay, Bing-bing, Imang, Secretary of NPA’s North Eastern Mindanao Committee; Nando Robuca a.k.a. Putol; Rommel Salinas a.k.a. Mark, Artem, Doming; Pablo Logatiman a.k.a. Boni, Mike, Bedo; Edilborte Reponte Dabal a.k.a. Bong, Waco; Isagani Madlos a.k.a. Edron; a certain Bea; Daday; Rudy; Nayan; Grace; Liam; Owen/Jong; Joseph; Cris/Tomas and 120 other suspected members of NPA rebels with last known address at Barangay (village) Cadianao, Claver, Surigao del Norte.

The criminal charges, Caraga CIDG chief, Police Superintendent Bowenn Joey Masauding, said was for their alleged involvement in the attack against mining corporations Taganito, Platinum Gold, and TH PAL Mining in Surigao del Norte on October 3, 2011.

“All 16 suspects who were named in the complaint were positively identified by witnesses as the personalities who led the attack at the PGMC mining site in Cadianao, Claver town,” Masunding said.

Senior Inspector Gerson Soliven of the CIDG in Surigao del Norte, meanwhile, said that records revealed that Madlos, Sularte and Edron have standing warrant of arrests for other NPA-related atrocities in Northern Mindanao.

Investigation disclosed that the suspects led the raid at the site of PGMC that resulted to the destruction of 18 trucks and other equipment amounting to more than P2 billion.

The suspects also disarmed and divested the security and office personnel of PGMC of seven 9 millimeter pistols, seven shotguns, three .38-caliber revolvers, three KG-9 rifles, radio and office equipment amounting to P423,000.
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/191263/136-npas-charged-for-surigao-mining-site-attack

This entry was posted in resistance, war and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.