Yesterday, the office of Ennahdha, Tunisia’s dominant, center-right Islamist party, was burned in Thala, a city located in the northwestern governorate of Kasserine.
Ennahdha spokesman Nejib Gharbi stated that the party is not accusing any group or individual in connection with the incident.
“We condemn this act, but it is not our job to accuse anyone. We already sent a legal representative to Thala to assess the situation. The judicial system will decide who is responsible for this deed,” Gharbi explained.
According to Sami Youssef, a resident of Thala, the office was burned yesterday around noon. “Everyone knows the people responsible for this act,” he stated, though he was unwilling to provide any further details implicating those who destroyed the offices.
According to Gharbi, this is the first time since the elections that one of Ennahdha’s office has been burned.
The governorate of Kasserine was severely marginalized during the reign of former president Zine el-Abidine Ben Ali, and suffers from chronic poverty and an unemployment rate that surpassed 30% before the Tunisian revolution and has been rising ever since.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)