Clashes erupted between civilians and the police for the second time this weekend in Om Laarayes, a small town in the governorate of Gafsa, in southern Tunisia on Sunday.
Clashes took place after the announcement of job offers at the Phosphate Company of Gafsa yesterday, which left many young locals jobless.
Even though security measures were taken beforehand, especially near the Yazaki plants of Om Laarayes, inhabitants of the area defied the curfew announced on Saturday.
Angry civilians expressed their dissatisfaction with the results of the recent round of hiring by throwing stones and molotov cocktails at the police, who dispersed the crowd using tear gas.
Demonstrators are mostly unemployed, recent college graduates, who have been demanding jobs. The hiring practices of the Gafsa Phosphate Company have received more criticism from the local community since the Tunisian Revolution.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)