If a recent specific input received by the intelligence agencies is any indication to go by then the dreaded Naxal outfit CPI (Maoist) is planning a retaliation of an “unprecedented scale” to revenge the killing of its top commander Koteswar Rao, alias Kishanji. And they turned for help to the northeast terror group, the Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO), which operates in Assam and has close links with the Ulfa.
Fearing retaliation by Naxals following the killing of Kishanji in November, intelligence agencies were specifically directed by the Centre to mount a massive surveillance on their activities. Ground-level intelligence gathered by Central agencies reveal that top Naxal leadership have been constantly interacting with the KLO in the last one month.
Highly-placed sources disclosed the Maoists have sought “on an urgent basis” large consignment of sophisticated weapons, including AK rifles, rocket launchers, claymore mines and surprisingly even RDX to specifically target the security agencies. What has alarmed the security establishment in the capital is that the Naxals are looking for RDX which cause considerable damage. Naxals are not known to be using RDX in IEDs.
For fear of interception from intelligence agencies, the Naxals are not using technology like mobile phones and emails to communicate and instead are sending messages through trusted intermediaries to the KLO top-brass.
“This is specific human intelligence received from the ground level so the inputs are very specific and precise. Thus we have already cautioned concerned security agencies and states. The news of Naxals using RDX in future attacks is indeed very disturbing. This reveals they are desperate and determined to cause largescale damage,” a senior government official said.
It has been learnt that the KLO has communicated to their counterparts and even Ulfa leadership in Bangladesh the fresh demand by Naxals. Vigil along the India-Bangladesh border has been stepped up anticipating delivery of large quantity of arms and ammunitions.
Sources said what is also alarming is that in a clear shift in strategy the Naxals even want the Kamtapur Liberation Organisation to train their cadres in use of sophisticated weapons particularly in making of explosives.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)