UNIONISTS are calling for the suspension of the police officers accused of causing the death of Phumelele Mkhweli.
Mkhweli died following a brief scuffle with police over a week ago, after he was nabbed for jaywalking and his death has resulted in protests in the small town.
Another protest march is expected to take place today, where unionists and residents are expected to unite and march to the police station.
“We want the regional commander to explain why the officers are still working despite the accusations,” said Nathi Kunene from the Swaziland Democratic Nurses Union.
He said that the march was expected to be joined by workers’ unions and also called on concerned residents to join the protest.
“Mkhweli’s death could have happened to anyone, so it should not be taken lightly,” said Kunene.
He said the march would start off at Siteki CBD and move to the police station, where petitions would be delivered. Kunene said the main issue was that the police officers who were accused of having a hand in the death of Mkhweli should be suspended pending investigations.
Kunene also said that the marchers would protest against what he termed ‘police brutality’, adding that most of their members were assaulted every time they took to the streets.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)