LAHORE – Hundreds of villagers from Janjatay village launched massive protest against Pakistan Air Force officials and Saddar Division Police after a minor clash on animals’ trespassing into Air Force Housing Scheme turned violent on Thursday.
Villagers also pelted stones at heavy contingent of Saddar Division Police and Air Force officials over which policemen baton charged and injured dozens of villagers, besides arresting more than 25 villagers.
As per details, at about 8:30 pm on Thursday, security guards deputed at Air Force Housing Scheme, got involved in a clash with locals of Janjatay Village located near Adda Plot on Raiwind Road in the Raiwind Police precincts. Reportedly over 100 Army men in order to help security guards of Air Force Housing Society reached the scene. Hundreds of locals were already waiting for the force and were ready for a massive clash with army men.
However, Air Force officials informed local police after which cops under the supervision of SP Saddar Division Zeeshan Asghar reached the scene. Locals blocked main Raiwind Road and lodged massive protest against law enforcement agencies. Infuriated villagers also pelted stones on police party due to which more than one dozen policemen received injuries.
Saddar Division Police while retaliating resorted to aerial firing owing to which protesters got frightened and they started dispersing. At this moment, Saddar Division Police baton charged on escaping villagers and injured more than two dozen besides arresting more than 25 villagers.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)