Two workers at a company in Ho Chi Minh City’s Hoc Mon District have been assaulted for failing to join a workers’ strike since July 11 while several others received threats.
Nguyen Ngoc Tu, 26, of Kim Duc Production and Trading Co was beaten with iron rods by two young men while he was going home from work on his motorbike on July 18.
He suffered serious head injuries and was taken to hospital for emergency treatment.
The same day Nguyen Trong Nhan, 18, said he was stabbed in the back with a sharp object by two men just 100 meters from the company as he was going to work.
Many other workers who had not joined the strike for higher wages said they had received text messages warning them not to go to work failing which they would be beaten or stabbed, Tran Van Giap, head of the company’s Personnel Department, said.
Senior Lieutenant Ngo Tien Hung, head of the Xuan Thoi Son commune police, said merely that he had reported the assaults to the district police.
Yesterday, July 20, the Hoc Mon District Labor Federation, local authorities, and the company management held a meeting with representatives of the striking workers to find a solution.
The workers demanded a wage rise and full salary payment for the striking workers.
But the meeting ended inconclusively.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)