KARACHI – Massive traffic jam was reported during the second day sit-in protest of CBA union of KESC at Fawara Chawk, near the Governor House, on Saturday.
The rescue services were also badly affected and commuters were stuck for hours due to blockage of roads by the corporation’s protesting employees.
According to detail, the ongoing rift between KESC administration and CBA union has entered into 73 days that hampered the citizens of metropolis in current wave of summer.
The settlers of city are affected the most as they face unannounced, prolonged and indefinite outages of electricity.
The protesters shouted slogans against KESC administration and the government.
During the protest and sit-in, the commuters faced immense problems to reach their destinations.
Massive traffic jams were reported at MA Jinnah Road, Zainab Market, Metro Pole Road, Sharah-e-Faisal and other adjoining areas of the city.
The protesters were demanding fulfilment of their demands otherwise they would continue their sit-in protest.
The ambulance services were badly affected due to massive traffic jam as they faced difficulties to take the patients to hospitals.
It may be noted that KESC administration had offered the Voluntary Separation Scheme (VSS) to the employees but most of the employees showed serious concern over VSS scheme and majority of them were denial to avail VSS scheme.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)