21-year-old Son Thanh, a worker of Tan Lap Thanh Plastic Co., Ltd. in Ho Chi Minh City, was yesterday beaten violently by a group of unknown people after leading a strike to demand higher wages.
At 3:30 pm yesterday, July 11, while Thanh and other workers who had taken part in the strike were standing 50 m away from the company, five unknown young man arrived on three motorbikes and swiftly attacked him.
When Thanh fell to the ground, one of the attackers said, “You were beaten for leading the strike.”
The attackers fled the scene before the Binh Tan District police showed up.
Thanh suffered many wounds in the head, neck, ears and eyes.
According to Lam Tuan Dung, the company’s director, Thanh and other workers had been on strike since June 9 to demand their salary be raised by VND300,000 (US$14.5) per month.
Dung said his company was still negotiating with the workers and denied any allegation that the company had hired people to beat Thanh for instigating the strike.
The Binh Tan police said they are questioning Thanh, several witnesses, as well as the company’s executives to identify the attackers.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)