SOME nurses claim they were being forced to attend disciplinary hearings for allegedly engaging in an illegal strike in March.
The nurses said they were called to a meeting last Thursday, where they were told they had to attend the disciplinary hearings.
The order by management came after the nurses held their own mass meeting two weeks ago, where they resolved not to attend the hearings.
“I think the management is getting pressure from the ministry,” said one nurse.
Some of the nurses have already attended the hearings despite the resolution not to attend. The nurses claim management had enticed them to attend the hearing by promising them trips to workshops. SNA Secretary General Nathi Kunene said it would be unfortunate if management were going to such extremes of dangling carrots.
“A lot of them think they go there to redeem themselves of any wrong doing yet they end up implicating themselves. The best is stick to the resolution,” he said.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)