Police have arrested six persons and a case has been registered against more than 500 unknown people over holding protest demonstration against traffic wardens following the death of a citizen who died after traffic police stopped the vehicle carrying him to hospital.
It should be mentioned that on June 02, traffic police stopped a private car carrying a patient identified as Falak Sher hailing from Mandhi Bahauddin to Mao Hospital near Neela Gumbad Chowk Lahore over violation of traffic rules.
It took long time to settle the issue and in the meantime the patient who was in serious condition died.
Hundreds of citizens including relatives and family members of the deceased took to the streets against the incident and held strong protest demonstrations. The enraged protestors attacked the traffic warden Asif and subjected him to brutal torture, tearing his uniform. The victim was later rescued from the custody of attackers by police and shifted to hospital.
A case was registered against more than 500 protestors in Old Anakali police station and the police on Monday arrested six accused identified as Khurram, Shahid Majeed, Shahid Maseeh, Nawab Khan and Shahzad Ahmed. The detainees were produced in the court for remand.
The citizens have strongly criticized the traffic police for its inhuman attitude which resulted in loss of a precious life. They blamed that foreigners and influential people were left to go unchecked but poor people were treated harshly.
On the other hand city traffic police officials when approached told INP news agency that all citizens were equal in the eyes of law and nobody has immunity to violate the rules.
They said that the vehicle was stopped for its incomplete documents and violation of traffic rules and they had no personal enmity with anyone. The citizens should admit the reality and asked how the rule of law assured if it was not implemented.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)