KARACHI – The violent protests against prolonged power outages continued in various parts of the city on Saturday, as enraged people took to streets, burnt tyres and blocked vehicular traffic to vent out their anger against the KESC.
On Saturday the temperature in the city was recorded at 44 degrees centigrade and the long power breakdowns in number of localities caused acute shortage of water. The residents of small flats/apartments are the worst sufferers of unending loadshedding and unattended fault.
Sizzling temperature on Saturday and power outages busted the temperament of the citizens as protest remains continued in various areas where enraged people are looking for the facilitators of KESC disappeared along the power to avoid the harm.
The areas, where the riots and protest broke out including Nazimabad, Pak Colony, Purana Golimar, Rashid Minhas road, Kharadar, Mangopir, MT Khan Road, these areas mostly belonged to the lower class and slum areas of the city, where the angry youth along with women and children took out to streets and staged noisy protest against the inefficiency of the private utility. They said the administration of the KESC should immediately reinstate the employees if they want to save power consumers from more misery.
It is pertinent to mention here that the offices of Abdul Sattar Edhi across the city have been deprived of electricity for the last two days, and despite several complaints at KESC head office, the contractual employees of the utility could not restore the electricity causing the severe hardship for rescue services across the city. On the night between Friday and Saturday, the charged miscreant attacked the offices of the KESC and tried to burn them. They also set ablaze the office of the KESC at Habib Bank Chowrangi and lit three vehicles and pelted passing vehicles with stones.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)