Athens. Greek police traced and apprehended three suspects for the fatal attack against a bank branch in Athens during an anti-austerity protest last May, Xinhua informed.
A pregnant woman and two other bank employees died from asphyxiation on May 5, 2010 when the bank, close to the parliament building, was set on fire by petrol bombs thrown by anarchists during a massive demonstration organized by labor unions.
The tragedy shocked Greek society and police had been examining material from cameras, eye witnesses and other clues to identify the perpetrators who were among a group of hooded people who attacked state buildings, banks and police cars on that day.
According to Greek media reports, police have detained three male anarchists aged 21 to 36 in central Athens districts and the investigation is still under way.
Protests over austerity measures have been repeatedly been marred with violence by anarchists over the past year, but it was the first time in two decades with fatalities during a demonstration.
The operation comes as police are on alert for the coming May 1 general strike and protest called by labor unions in the center of Athens.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)