Phetchabun – Burmese workers staged a protest and seized a frozen chicken factory and held a security officer hostage Wednesday evening.
The hostage taking drama continued until Thursday while police tried to negotiate for the workers to end the protest.
At the height of the protest, the number of protesters grew to about 1,000 and they also took the manager of the plant and a police officer, Pol Sgt Thongsuk Thongthai, hostages.
The factory is located in Tambon Kanju in Bueng Samphan district.
The protesters released the manager late at night and released the policeman in the morning but they continued to hold the security officer hostage.
The protesters claimed that their peers were harmed by security officers of the plant and they demanded better living and working conditions.
At press time, the number protesters dropped to about 400 and the tension has eased, police said.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)