Strike at mine in San Jose

TORONTO (miningweekly.com) – Production at Minera Andes’ San Jose silver and gold mine in Argentina has been suspended because of a strike called by the local union, the company said in a statement on Thursday.

Minera Andes owns 49% of the mine and LSE-listed Hochschild Mining holds the other 51%.

The work stoppage is illegal, the firm said.

The San Jose operation produced 1,52-million ounces of silver and 21 412 ounces of gold in the first quarter of this year.
http://www.miningweekly.com/article/minera-andes-says-strike-halts-san-jose-mine-2011-04-21

This entry was posted in resistance and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.