POLICE have been accused of beating up pupils of Mbukwane High School who took part in a riot last year.
It is alleged that the pupils are fetched from their homes, taken to the police station where they are interrogated about their role in the riots before being beaten up.
“The police were moving from home to home in search of those children they thought were ringleaders. My son was among those who were taken to the police station. I had to take my child to hospital after the beating,” said one parent.
Another parent said his child was not himself of late as a result of the assault by the police. Principal David Mlambo, however, said no parent had complained to the school about the alleged beatings.
“What I know is that the police came to look for certain pupils, some suspected to have vandalised the school property. What I also know is that three pupils whom police wanted to question in connection with the riots are no longer at this school.”
Police PRO Superintendent Wendy Hleta said there was never a time when police beat up pupils for engaging in a riot.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)