Kathmandu, Mar 9 (PTI) Hundreds of industries operating in Nepal including half a dozen Indian joint ventures are facing closure due to a strike call by various trade union bodies including the Maoist affiliated All Nepal Trade Union Federation-Revolutionary for increment in minimum wages.
Nepal Lever, Hindustan Unilever”s subsidiary in Nepal situated in Hetauda industrial district has been closed along with other 56 local industries since yesterday.
Other Indian joint ventures including Dabur Nepal, subsidiary of Dabur India and Surya Nepal, subsidiary of ITC situated in southern Nepal”s Bara district is facing threat after the Maoists threatened to close down hundreds of industries situated in Morang and Bara districts to press for their demand for 100 per cent increase in minimum wages to Rs 10,000, according to sources close to the labourers.
Industrialists have argued that they cannot increase hundred per cent wages to the labourer but they are ready to discuss for increase in pay and perks in line with the inflation rate.
Nepal is losing daily millions of rupees worth business due the strike called by the labourers.
The Maoists who joined the communist-led government of Nepal recently warned that they would shut down Bara and Morang industrial district if their demands were not fulfilled
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)