Two detainees died, several others wounded after a riot broke out inside a prison in Taiz province.
Local sources said that, Abdu Jabar, 32, and Atef Al-Hidary, 18, died in the prison from smoke inhalation after the prisoners burnt their belongings inside the cells such as pillows and blankets.
The cause of riot inside the jail according to sources is the desire of prisoners to obtain the right to use mobile phones in their cells after being prohibited by prison authorities.
Security forces were involved in the situation to control the riot. 11 prisoners were taken t o the Political Security building after riots were under control, close sources told Yemen Post.
In related news, Yemeni Parliament formed last week a committee from its members to investigate the frequent accidents in prisons and submit its report about the current situation inside Yemeni prisons to the parliament.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)