A worried parent told KentOnline today he fears the protest that rocked Dover Christchurch Academy will kick off again.
Richard Knights, whose 15-year-old daughter attends the school, said he’s seen posts on social networking site Facebook discussing another strike.
It follows last week’s incident when police were called to the school when 200 to 300 pupils mounted a protest over changes to lunch timetabling.
Two teenagers, who were already excluded from the school, were arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and public order offences.
No-one was injured, but the school gate was damaged and three or four cars belonging to staff were attacked.
The October 4 incident sparked a flood of comments on KentOnline with dozens of pupils and parents giving their view.
Now 42-year-old Richard Knights said: “Anything could have happened, people could have been killed.
What do you think? Join the debate by adding your comments below”They [the school] need to buck their ideas up, they’re supposed to be changing things, and as far as I can see nothing’s changed since six or eight months ago.”
Mr Knights, of William Pitt Avenue in Deal, is now calling for the academy to review its strategy on discipline.
He said: “I’ve never heard of anything like that happening, these kids could have taken over the school quite easily, and nothing could have been done about it, short of sending in riot police.”
KentOnline has approached Dover Christchurch Academy for a comment but has not received a reply.