PUPILS at Mbukwane High School staged a riot yesterday, vandalising school property in protest against teachers who abuse them sexually.
Police had to be called to calm tempers as the rampant pupils ran riot.
The police used tear gas to disperse the pupils.
Last week, the Teaching Service Commission (TSC) suspended Zambian teacher Angel Bwalwya for allegedly abusing a female student sexually.
When they arrived in the morning yesterday, the pupils chanted slogans and did the toyi-toyi, demanding that all teachers who are sex offenders be expelled from the school.
School principal, David Mlambo said he was surprised by the action of the students. He said most windows of the school were destroyed.
He said they hoped classes would resume today where they would also meet with the parents.
School committee chairman, Phindile Kunene hoped that a solution would be found to the problem.
Last Thursday, Education officials Caiphas Nyaweni and Zodwa Dlamini reported progress on the issue of sex offenders at the school.
At that meeting, the parents said it would seem the foreign teacher was being made a scapegoat to hide Swazi sex pests at the school.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)