A French police officer is dead after a shootout between police and suspected Basque separatists near Paris Tuesday night.
The 52 year-old officer was gunned down when his patrol stopped a speeding vehicle near a garage in Dammarie-les-lys. Police officer Samuel Roulle said that the shots were fired from a second vehicle, stolen from nearby.
According to investigators, one man was arrested following the shootout while the rest remain at large.
“The facts that we’ve established so far are that they were robbing a car lot, they’d taken a car. A police patrol arrived and tried to stop the car and ask for documents. Then a second car arrived, they must have been accomplices. Then they opened fire on the police patrol and our colleague Jean-Serge.”
The Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero condemned the murder and expressed his sympathies.
“I want to express my deepest condolences to the family of the policeman killed yesterday by a member of the terrorist group ETA in France near Paris. I also extend my condolences to the French police that is so cooperative in the fight against ETA.”
If ETA is confirmed responsible for the shooting, it would be the first time the separatist group has killed a French law enforcement official.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)