18 January FOCUS News Agency
Farmers of the Peloponnese peninsula gather for protest on Tuesday, the online edition of Greek newspaper Naftemboriki reported. They planned to gather at 12 o’clock for a rally and the symbolic occupation of Corinth-Tripoli highway at Stern. Peloponnese farmers threaten that if the ministry of rural development does not pay immediate attention to problems they will proceed with blockades on the peninsula.
Producers of oranges in the country decided to make the protests of local character on Wednesday in the areas of Laconia, the Argolid and Arta.
Ilinden border checkpoint and Kapitan Petko Voivoda border checkpoint are working normally, press centre of Border Police announced. Traffic at Kapitan Petko Voivoda crossing was resumed at 3:00pm. About 30 motor vehicles on the Bulgarian side passed through the border checkpoint.
Greek farmers opened Ilinden border checkpoint as they announced earlier. It is expected crossings to remain open by 7:00pm. Only Kulata border checkpoint is still blocked.
Roads leading to the ports in Greece have been blocked. This is what Greek farmer from the town of Drama, who is a member of the Union of Farmers in Greece, said, cited by a correspondent of Radio Focus-Pirin.
Roads from Greece to Turkey are also blocked. “Roads in Kastoria were also blocked, and also road to Igoumenitsa ferry route is blocked, he added. He said there are 24 blockades all over Greece, and added “We are allocated at certain areas to close down roads”.
Protesting Greek farmers have sent letter to the social network of Bulgarian farmers www.fermer.bg, where they contact Bulgarian farmers. Greek farmers excused for the embarrassment along checkpoints but call on understanding as they clear out the reason for the protest.
Their demands are as follows: increasing subsidies for tobacco until 2013, decreasing of taxes in the agriculture sector, EUR 50 subsidies for hectare of cotton and corn as well as special fuel prices for farmers, freezing credits to Agriculture Bank as well as continuation of EU funds after 2013.
- capital and class
- conflict within the movement
- ecological crisis
- Editor's desk
- fascist attacks
- Maoists India
- state control
- state security
- strategy and tactics
- war on drugs
- Women Martyrs of The Indian Revolution
- Letter from your Editor
- People’s War in India Clippings 11/8/2016
- Passing of communist activist and union militant Himadri Sen Roy
- People’s War in India Clippings 8/8/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 1/8/2016
- Brief History of the Armed Communist Formations (FCA)
- Boycott (World) Social Forum, a Safety Valve for Imperialism
- ‘Give us Eylem Ataş’s body’
- People’s War in India Clippings 30/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 29/7/2016
- Indian Democracy Unmasked: BJP-RSS and the politics of Communal Hatred-CAFAU
- Brief history of the Revolutionary Communist Commitee (CoCoRi)
- People’s War in India Clippings 26/7/2016
- 12 detained in house raids in Dersim
- People’s War in India Clippings 24/7/2016
- People’s War in India Clippings 22/7/2016
- HBDH: 11 riot police killed in Trabzon
- Armed wing of Maoist Communist Party eliminates reactionary solder
- Responsibility claim for the execution of mafioso Habibi in June , Exarhia area – Athens , Greece
- About the attempted military coup in Turkey KKE (ml)