Tehran police are planning to set up a 50,000-strong special constable-like force called the ‘honorary police officers’ to provide assistance to the police support units.
Tehran Police Chief Brigadier General Azizollah Rajabzadeh revealed the plans during a press conference on Friday.
“”After selection and training, these individuals will be equipped and deployed in police stations and with police support units,”” Rajabzadeh said, Jam-e-jam Online reported.
The voluntary force will be set up first in Tehran, but according to Rajabzadeh the concept might be expanded nationwide.
“”The police force seeks to utilize people’s participation in ensuring security for themselves, and it is with this aim that we are trying to expand the honorary police force up to 300,000 throughout the country,”” he elaborated.
- At Babol industrial Uni , 16 people were summoned to the disciplinary committee and detained students are in a situation that should be concerned.
- Three men were hanged on Sunday in the town of Arak in central Iran!
- In Saqez city on Saturday security forces attacked and inspected political activists houses and arrested 32 citizens whom are former political activists.
- Sohrab A’erabi’s body has been given to his family.
- In recent protests across the country Kermanshah citizens also have had some gatherings in defferent days.Tens of Kermanshah people were arrested in these protests.Some of detained people have been transfered to Dizel Abad Prison and into the dangerous prisoners part.Kermanshahi detainees names are as follows: 1.Reza Tavakoli 2. Mohammad Ayoubi 3. Mansour Moradi 4. Ayyoub Nasiri 5. Foad Rahnama 6.Hiva Haji7. Nasrin Kargar 8.Rojin Yeganeh 9. Bahman Mortazavi 10.Shahram Bijani.
- People in Tehran are continuing to honk their horns at the sight of Basijis – and chanting anti-government slogans while speeding away. Many people drive with their headlights on. Reports indicate that many Basijis are quitting their jobs and are being replaced by fresh recruits, many of them under 18. People travelling to Iran are being targeted at the airport upon entry and are being forced to divulge their Twitter and Facebook accounts so the government can monitor their online activity.
- Iranian Foreign Minister, Manuchehr Motaki, has stated that Iran is willing to discuss issues with the West, but claimed that the government was going to present a package of issues for discussion – rather than just one. This comes at a time when the European Union has now fully suspended visas to Iranian diplomats who wish to enter any EU member nation.
- Tehran’s Police Chief has declared a state of emergency in parts of Tehran. Iran’s government removed the head of security of Zanjan Province – after reports surfaced that he may be sympathetic to the revolt movement. A number of prominent citizens in Tabriz have written a letter to Khamenei declaring that, “people were not satisfied with the election and that they will continue to voice their opposition to government.
- Iran is now holding 36 journalists in prison. Reports indicate that despite the overcrowding, nearly 150 protesters arrested on July 9th in Tehran were moved to Evin Prison.
- Iranian courts postponed the court date for seven Baha’is detained in Tehran today. They are being prosecuted under Iran’s strict religious laws because of their faith.
- In an unexpected move, ISNA – one of Iran’s official news agencies – declared that recent unrests in China’s Xinjiang Autonomous Province was provoked by US intervention in Chinese affairs. ISNA declared that China did all it could to quell an uprising fueled by foreign intervention.
- Sheila Najafi ,expelled student, poet and leftist activist was arrested in Amol by anonymous people there’s no news so far from where she is or how good is her health.
- Revolutionary Guard Warns Iranian Web Sites, Bloggers Not To “Create Tension”; Twitter, MySpace, Facebook Blocked …
- Iran’s most powerful military force has warned online media of a crackdown over their coverage of the country’s election crisis.The Revolutionary Guard, an elite military force answering to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said through the state news service that Iranian Web sites and bloggers must remove any materials that “create tension” or face legal action.
- URGENT:Lives of Detained Pregnant Journalist(Mahsa Amrabadi) and Paralyzed Politician in Danger!
- Mirhossein Mousavi,Khatami and Rafsanjani will participate in this friday prayers and this means that they are taking advantage of people and making them response to Islamic Republic demands.We will not co-operate with them and will not accompany them in these sort of plans , Mr Mousavi’s Facebook page must know this!!!
- The head of iranian guards has warned the opposers of this year’s general election: Armed forces will not surrender against protests.
- Shameless claim of davoodi, ahmadi nejad’s assistant: “the number of political prisoners in Iran is a lot less than western countries”!
- Iran Solidarity launch tomorrow 13 July 1230-1330 at the House of Lords.
- ” Cloob” website and “Mihan weblog” with management of “Mr Shakoori”, “Webgozar” website, managed by “Mohsen Pouya”, “parseek” and “blogfa managed by “Alireza Shirazi”, “veyview” managed by “moammad reza Rezania”, “persianblog” managed by “Eghlima Pooladzadeh” dependant of Ariagostar corp.”Blogsky” &” pasriblog” managed by “seyyed Mohammad reza Fakhri” and many internet serving companies are amongst companies and website that in accordance to IRI’s laws, should report peoples activities to the iranian government.
- Ali Taghipoor, a student of babol university who was arrested on june 30th, accompanied by 6 other students is still in babol’s detention facility,he is one of oldest student activists in Iran!
- 5 other journalists(Tohid Beygi,Majid Saeedi,Hengameh Shahidi,Somayye Nosrati & Saeed Matinpour) were arrested in Iran and since begining of post-election protests ,number of journalists and bloggers who have been arrested has came to 41.
- Behrooz Javid Tehrani’s life is in danger, Falah the head of security council has told his lawyer: his body is all you are going to be seeing!